D.A. Townley.  -  Plan Administrators    



Application for Pension Benefits

To start receiving your pension benefits fill out the Application for Pension Benefits form.

Prior to completing this form, please obtain a pension estimate from the Plan Administrator using the Request for Pension Estimate.

Information Needed to Complete the Form
To complete, you are required to fill in your:

  • personal information,
  • beneficiary information and
  • choose a form of payment, (page 2 of the form includes information on the various forms of payment available to you).

There are other forms that must be submitted before you will start receiving your pension. To avoid delays in receiving your pension you must include the following forms/documents when sending in this form:

  • A copy of both your birth certificate or baptismal paper (and your spouse’s birth certificate or baptismal paper if you have a spouse and are choosing one of the ‘Joint & Last Survivor’ options on this form.)

  • If you are married and selecting any option other than:
    • Joint and Survivor 60%; or
    • Joint and Survivor 75%; or
    • Joint and Survivor 100%

a Spousal Waiver Form must accompany this form.

  • You should send in both the TD1 and TD1BC forms to ensure that the correct amount of income tax is taken off each pension payment.

Completed forms should be forwarded to the Plan Administrator.

Frequently Asked Questions
What do all these types of pension options mean?
  • The second page of the form explains each of the pension options.
  • You may also wish to consult a personal financial advisor to determine which pension type best meets your needs.

Other questions on completing the form should be directed to the Plan Administrator.

Plan Administrator
Millworkers Pension Plan (Unifor) Administrator
c/o D.A. Townley.
160 – 4400 Dominion Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 4G3

Phone: 604-299-7482 or 1-800-663-1356
Fax: 604-299-8136

Email: Pension

Form Link
Application for Pension Benefits Form

Related Links
Request for Pension Estimate
Spousal Declaration Form
Spousal Waiver Form
Automatic Bank Deposit
TD1 Form
Worksheet for the 2005 Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1-WS)
TD1BC Form
Worksheet for the 2005 British Columbia Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1BC-WS)
Retirement Information
© 2000-2008 D.A. Townley.All rights reserved.